About the LMC Foundation
Los Medanos College (LMC) Foundation finds the resources students need to succeed. We believe everyone - regardless of economic or ethnic background - should have the opportunity to pursue an excellent education. Since 1997, the LMC Foundation (LMCF) has been connecting the resources of corporations, foundations, and individuals to students and programs at LMC in need of financial support. Ultimately, successful students return these investments by strengthening our workforce and improving our communities.
Financial support is raised from corporations, foundations, individuals, and alumni. Money raised by the LMCF assists key initiatives:
Student Scholarships: Provide important financial support for students in need.
HOSTS - Help Our Students to Succeed: Provides financial assistance to students that face unexpected challenges, and helps keep at-risk students on campus and completing their degrees.
Department Support: Provides financial support for departments and programs including equipment, supplies, travel, professional development, and more.
The foundation’s work is essential because many of our students are from low or middle class backgrounds, often the first-generation to attend college, while many also work and raise children.
Board Members Information 2016-2017
- Jeanne Bonner, Los Medanos College, Professor of Physical Science
- Helen Eldredge, Shea Homes Inc., General Manager
- Dr. Bob Kratochvil, Los Medanos College, President
- Mike McGill, MMS Design Associates LAFCO Commissioner, Former Foundation Chair
- Joseph McGraw,Wells Fargo Bank, Store Manager
- Larry Pepper, Business Strategy and Financial Advisory Service, Consultant
- Leetha Robertson, Los Medanos College, Sr. Administrative Assistant, Foundation Treasurer
- Mariane Smith, USS POSCO Ind., HR Director, Foundation Chair
- Luis-Felipe Torres Jr., Retired LMC Manager
- Mona FosterWhite, Law office of Mona M. FosterWhite, Attorney
- Dr. Trinh Nguyen, Los Medanos College, Foundation Development Officer