What are they?
Learning communities and Special Programs are cohort-based programs that offer exciting experiences and strong support designed to help you be successful in achieving your academic goals! While each program is unique, common features include:
- Specialized counseling and transfer support
- Special program-only sections of key courses
- Enrichment activities like field trips and guest speakers
- Free tutoring and academic support
- Opportunities for community involvement
- Guidance on transfer, financial aid, and scholarship applications
Why should I join?
Students who get connected and get involved early, are more successful and complete their degrees and/or transfer faster than students who don't. By joining programs like the ones below, you will be part of a group of friends, teachers, and counselors who will help you succeed. In short, being a part of a learning community or special program will enhance your experience at LMC!
Below are some of our learning communities & special programs
Math, Engineering & Science Achievement (MESA) is especially for students headed to transfer as majors in math-based fields.
The Transfer Academy supports students as they prepare their foundation for transferring to a 4-year achool.
Provides its high-achieving members an enhanced academic experience.